Monday, August 17, 2009

Our first day!!!

Jay and I and my parents bought Caeden some back to school clothes. However for the first day I decided he should get to pick out one of his favorites so that he felt great about what he was in. The ol' Mr. Happy shirt made the day. He is wearing some new spider man shoes that light up and he is stoked!
Daddy stayed home this morning to send Caeden off with us and he took us to breakfast at IHop, it was delicious!!
Caeden wanted the happy pancake. He ate every last bite and some of daddy's food. :)
Here he is already playing with play dough and meeting friends. He is doing great, and I have been crying since last night. This is the first time in almost 4 years that Caeden will be out of my care for regular intervals of time. I continue to be so thankful that I am blessed with the opportunity to be a stay at home mom, I wouldn't want it any other way! So, as I was saying goodbye to my bud for the morning I kept rubbing his back and kissing his check. On the last time he said, "mommy, I am going to have fun and I will be cool." I took that as my sign that it was time for Caleb and I to go. What a big step for me. I really would have liked to see if I could be the parent helper for the day, or at least stare through the window all morning to see what they were doing. :) Goodness. I am so thankful that God has another son at home with me to love on, teach, and spend time with. It will be good one on one time for us and I know that we will get into a routine and it will feel right. But today I am missing my bud bud!

2 comments:

Kell said...

I hope you are doing okay today, Mommy. I can't believe Caeden is so tall! What a cutie.

Danice said...

I agree! Caeden looks so tall in this pic! What a great post...seems like Mommy needs the confetti under her pillow more than bud! Thanks for sharing K...Ry has his first day on Monday, and this got me excited for him! Yeah C!