Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh the freedom some people feel....





This pregnancy has had the most commentary I have ever heard of. For the last few months I can't go anywhere without someone sharing their thoughts on my belly. Here are a few of my favorites....

"Ohhhh when are you due?" I reply in January. "Oh, so you are having twins?" I reply....No, just one healthy boy. :) This particular comment has come at least 15 times in the last few months and everytime there is a look of uncertainty or shock. As if I am lying that I don't have twins.

I was coming out of the bathroom at Mimi's Cafe when a lady said, "Oh girlfriend you are about to pop!" I thought well thanks for noticing!

The other day I am picking up some things in Home Depot when a lady who is walking her dog in the store stops and literally stares at me. I pause wondering what she might want. With her mouth down to the ground she says, "your awfully huge!" Speechless my mouth dropped as well and I turned to leave.

Anyway, it has been a hilarious journey these last few months. I almost can't wait to see what other people are going to throw out there because every day proves to have a new comment. I have become ok with all of them. I have an amazing boy growing inside and I have provided him a spacious house to live in. I choose to laugh and be amazed at the freedom people feel to talk about other peoples bodies to their face. We will have a problem on our hands however if after delivery anyone dares to ask me when I am due!!!!! I am officially 46 inches round and 44 lbs of additional weight. That will take some time to come back down and I dare anyone of these big mouths to make a comment after the baby is born. :)

For those that don't know we are at 37 plus weeks and full term, so anyday know is a.o.k. I am so looking forward to meeting the next Murphy munchkin!! Until then I continue to "nest."
I realize I never gave updates on baby's room. It's completed just working on some decorating but other than that it is great and we will send pics at some point.

3 comments:

Danice said...

I am laughing with you as I read this since it's so true...people are quite funny when it comes to the things they say!!! Hang in there girl, and know that your body is the perfect one to house your next sweet boy! We'll get that weight off together! I've gained more this time then the last 2 as well and know it will be another long road to get it all off! For now, prop us your feet, eat some more popcorn and enjoy the big belly state!

mrsjtg said...

People are amazing! Love your attitude. I can remember thinking I couldn't possibly STRETCH any further when I was pregnant, and sure enough, I did!!! You are doing great. Can't wait to see pics, and read the blog titled, "HE'S HERE!"

Cuties said...

Mama you look great! You are still all belly, Crazy how much more our bodys can stretch with the second .=) Hang in there... he'll be here soon!