Thursday, January 29, 2009

My latest thoughts and happenings....


Here we are past the due date with the munchkin cozy as a cucumber in the belly. You'll be happy to know that the comments I receive while I am out and about these days have turned from how unbelievably large I am to comments of sincerity, sympathy, congratulations and more funnies! It has been a real nice switch! One lady yesterday said, "when are you due?" I replied today and she said, "Oh goodness don't go into labor here." I thought to myself, "ok, chances are looking good for you." Today a lady asked me when I was due and I replied, "yesterday" and she said, "what are you doing out?" Again I giggled. I didn't realize that there was a certain time that you weren't supposed to be doing normal activities anymore. Many others have asked when I am due too and when they hear they have been so sweet to wish me luck, and say congratulations. Of course you have the handful of women that can't wait for their opportunity to share how it went for them with each of their children. So funny!
The reason I am still out so much is because I have been in project mode. Baby Murphy has a sports themed bedding from Pottery Barn and last week I decided I wanted to attempt painting balls from the bedding on the wall for a decorative accent. I have officially completed that project and Jay and I both really like it. I was so thankful to get it done before his arrival. So then I moved into packing our bags and really cleaning the house. That seems to have been nice while it lasted. I am finding that over and over again I am unpacking my bag because there are things in there I need or want, and the house is defiinitley not in the same shape it was a week ago. I have decided that you can't live in a state of perfection as you await the unknown date and time of a birth. Big realization for me. But since I have figured that out I decided to take on a new project this week of changing our purple and green hall bath into a "beachy" boys bathroom. It has been really fun to hunt and find things that just feel right for the room. I bought paint today and started to do some taping. Will I get to finish this project like I'd like before he comes? That is the big question. :) He better hurry and come out because this mama is shopping a lot lately. :) Good thing there will be a handful of weeks once he is here where I won't be out spending so much of daddy's hard earned dolla's. :)
Oh and for any of you that don't know we are hoping that God and baby decide to have him arrive this week. Otherwise I will go to the Dr. on Feb. 4th and she will put me on the induction list at the hospital because they don't like to keep the babies in the belly past 41/42 weeks for health reasons. At least I know for sure he will come out one way or another in the next 14 days.

No comments: