Monday, January 19, 2009

Yeah Caeden!

We have been working on going big boy potty at our house for sometime now. Caeden has been super successful with peeing in the toilet however as many of you know poo poo on the potty has been a huge challenge! He would either go while he was sleeping or find a corner in the house and we'd have a big mess on our hands. So last week we decided we would start doing random poo poo breaks on the toilet so he'd be less intimidated. Then on Saturday he wanted to eat some of my pizza and I said he could once he tried going poo poo. Sure enough he did it! We told him he could start getting treats from the store if he would keep going in the toilet. He liked that idea and low and behold he went 4 times yesterday and 3 so far today!!!! Oh my goodness I can't tell you how excited this mama is!! If any of you are trying to figure out how to train I highly suggest the present idea. He has been so excited to try and is even figuring out on his own when he needs to go and runs to the toilet telling me to get a present ready for him. I love it!!! I had really hoped we could have this underway before baby's arrival and it looks like we might have just gotten there in the nick of time!! Wooo hooo!

No comments: