Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tonight with my boys

Caleb...

Caleb has been quite fussy the past couple of days, which is very out of character for him. I knew he must be teething. I have been feeling around in his mouth anxiously awaiting the first tooth and there it was tonight the bottom right has poked it's way through the skin. After I felt it, I said, "yeah, Caleb, good job buddy, that is hard work!" He kicked his little legs and grinned from ear to ear as if to say, thanks for noticing mom, it was a tough thing to do.

Caeden...

Caeden has been having a hard time going to sleep for naps and bed. As most kids do we have been hearing every excuse in the book as to why he just can't go to bed yet. Tonight however he tried a new approach. We had tucked him in a long time before and then he enters my room and says, "mom, Jesus was telling me that I should be sleeping but I just don't want to." I thought, yep, Jesus is always right, you better listen to him." :) Instead I said, if you aren't ready for bed go in your room and read a book to your self quietly until you are ready for bed." Very enthusiastically he said, THAT'S A GREAT IDEA............... (long pause) BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO READ THE WORDS."

The other funny thing... daddy was working on some music in our room on gargae band. He was working on some tracks for the song I am a friend of God. Part of the song says, I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, I am a friend of God, he calls me friend. Caeden was belting it through our house but he was saying, I am afraid of God, I am afraid of God, I am afraid of God, he calls me friend. I tried to fix that one in a hurry. :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Kirst, All of those are hilarious, but I'm still laughing out loud at the "I am afraid of God" song! PRICELESS!

Lanie said...

LOL! That is hilarious! :)