Saturday, July 18, 2009

To all the mom's of toddlers out there

I read a great little devotional every morning for mother's of preschoolers. I wanted to share an entry from this week....

Every mother of a preschooler will agree that caring for little children can be completely draining and exhausting. And usually, it's a thankless task, with no end in sight. The pile of laundry never grows smaller, the toys never stay in the toy box, the dishwasher seems to be on an endless cycle, and there is always a game to be played or a book to be read. There are play groups, preschool classes, swimming lessons and oh, we mustn't forget doctor's appointments and church activities. All of those things are managed by Mom with nary a thank you.
Matthew 25:40 says "And the King will answer them, 'Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.' " Jesus says thank you for the noses you wipe on His behalf; thank you for the tears that you dry when offering His comfort; and thank you for the hugs that you give as an extension of His love. Whatever is done, in the name of Jesus Christ, for the weak ones whom He has placed in your charge, it is done for Him.

Thank you, Jesus, for the reminder that I serve You as I carry out my tasks as a mother. I offer my day and my time of service unto You. Be glorified in all that I do, and please continue to use me to share Your love. Amen.

Thank you moms for loving on your children. Thanks for being so selfless day in and day out. Your children are blessed and the world becomes blessed by the time and sacrifice you give. You are awesome!

1 comment:

Lanie said...

Hi Cousin!

Keep up the great posts! I love the updates!

Well Nick is actually applying for a temporary job down there at the Nuclear Plant so I may see you guys in Septemeber! He could make as much there in 3 months than he would all year here, so we are hoping it works out! I will stay here and try to come visit him every other weekend or so. If he gets the job, he will be there from Sept - November/December. Otherwise, I plan on going to Pete's wedding so hopefully we will see each other soon! Love & Hugs! Lanie