Friday, November 6, 2009

Things we have learned this week...

Do you ever look over your weeks and think and process all that you have heard or learned or read? I love intentionally looking back and seeing the growth or change, here are some of ours this week.

Kirstin
One of the biggest things I am working through right now is worry. I know scripture is clear on not worrying and it has all the answers to become free from it, and I am working towards this. Today my chiropractor said 2 things that really helped me and maybe if you ever worry you too will find them helpful.

1. Worrying is assuming responsibility that doesn't belong to me.
2. When you worry you focus on what you don't want or don't have.

I am so thankful for this chance to grow!!

Oh and I learned from a fantastic book sent from my Aunt Sassy in Australia that if you put 3 drops of peroxide in your ear for 5 to 10 minutes and repeat on the other side it will help with your cold or flu. What a great inexpensive natural remedy. Jay and I actually both felt like we were coming down with something and we tried it and it worked. :)

Caeden

My sweet Caeden has been 4 for just over 1 week. It is funny how many new things he has been trying.....
*to buckle himself in the car
*to only suck fingers at nap and bedtime (with a little help from me)
*to skip nap time all together day after day
*to bathe himself and then let the water out of the tub, dry himself and get clothes on with no help
*putting stickers on the hall wall.... do you like the art mom?
*writing with markers ALL over his body (while napping was supposed to be happening)
*he wore his bike helmet to dinner because he had not been making good choices in his chair
*jumping on the couch will get you hurt, probably not a good idea after all.
*much more willing to play by himself for a long period of time, thanks to all of our family and friends who blessed him with new toys!!!
*a big interest in picking Caleb up under the arm pits and moving him wherever he wants him to be
*that getting adjusted feels "lovely"
*that forgiveness is very important

I just love each new stage and the fun that it brings.

Caleb

*had his 9 month "birthday" this week. Where does the time go?
*he is 21 lbs and 10 ozs 29 inches long and has moved from the 90% to the 75th% in both categories.
*he is moving around like crazy. He hauls it through the house on all 4's or in the walker. He has been pulling himself up on everything and trying to walk. He loves to let go and show you he can stand for a few moments. The smile on his face is priceless.
*he had his first family bike ride this week and thinks it's a pretty sweet gig as long as it's light out. He is not a fan of bike rides at night. :)
*he has slept through the night this week a few times, we are all excited about this one!
*he joined Caeden and I for Caeden's library class and loved every time they sang or danced. However each time the librarian went to read a story he started to cry. I was laughing so hard. I will have to work on a love for reading. :)

Jay

*found out this week that he gets to lead worship at our church this Sunday and on the 29th and will also get to lead at another church on the 22nd. I am so excited for him.
*loves to be with his family. It is so wonderful to know that we are the favorite part of his day!
*he too is being proacitve in becoming all that God desires for him. I count myself so blessed to be married to a man that seeks after the Lord and wants the best for his life.

What a fun week to look back on and be grateful for.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You are soooo incredibly blessed! I'm glad you take the time to realize and appreciate it and share it with us! It's inspiring!

Love you!

Danice said...

We love you guys and love hearing about how God is moving in each and every life in your sweet house :) Thanks too for the peroxide tip! We'll be using that one!!!