Yesterday I asked Caeden if he would like for us to do his hair or wear a hat to the gym. He choose hat and came out with this cowboy hat on ready to go. Not quite what I had in mind but not a battle I was going to fight after the 2 previous interactions. As I took this picture he said "I am so cute, huh mom?"So as we were trying to get ready to leave I asked him to brush his teeth. Exasperated and with a roll of his head he said, "oh Lord." I asked "what did you say?" Again with a roll of his eyes and head he again said, "oh Lord." I said "Caeden we don't say that at our house that hurts God's feelings." Real quick he looked at me and said, "mom it's a song." I asked how the rest of the song went and he said, "oh Lord, oh Lord, I should obey my mom, oh Lord." Knowing that was not his intention but a darn quick response I said "great I love that song, now go brush your teeth." Meanwhile Caleb is propped on a boppy drinking his milk. I went to go brush my teeth and I came back to the family room where Caleb was whining. I got a closer look and Caeden had taken the milk bottle and poured it all over Caleb's hair. I asked what he was doing and he replied, "we are playing the wet game." GOODNESS!!!
With Caleb now getting into everything all day and Caeden's constant quick wit and trying new things, I am in a state of tension and need to learn how to relax and have harmony within. Any suggestions?
3 comments:
I have no suggestions, but know your not alone. =) My soon to be 4 year old seems to be just like yours, your right you have to pick your battles. Otherwise you will be worn out mentally! Hang in there!
I love those boys!!! Caeden is soooo darn witty! I love it!
I am SOOOOOO with you and have discovered that I am my own worst enemy. Most of the time when my house is in a ball of chaos I'm the only one frantic about it all while everyone else under the age of 5 seems to be enjoying themselves just fine! My only consolation to us both is that I hear the same stories from every other mom I meet! We're not alone, and this too shall pass!!! Love you friend, and LOVE your boys :)
Post a Comment