Monday, September 7, 2009

Cute, cute Caeden

Caeden woke up this morning and came into our room in different clothes than he went to bed in. I asked him if he had wet the bed and he said yes. I said, "ok you are going to need to take your sheets off and put them in the washing machine." Exasperated he said, "mom... I am a boy and you are a grill (girl) you need to do it." I don't know where he got that idea from but I reminded him that daddy does his own laundry and it is more than fine for men to help with laundry. It has had me giggly on and off all day. :)

In addition to being funny Caeden is.....

loving preschool!
looking forward to turning 4 next month.
enjoying having some new friends to play with at school.
cherishing his play time with old friends.
into Star Wars everything!!! He and daddy have watched the trilogy in this last month and every day there are people "dying" in our home and Caeden protects us by getting the bad guys. I am princess leah and caleb plays chewy or an ewok. I must admit in dreaming of being a mom I never saw myself playing Star Wars. I am realizing though that God had us name our son Caeden Marcus Murphy which means Mighty Warrior, Battler, Sea Warrior. Gosh how many people have the same meaning with each of their 3 names, he's got it good. And he is constantly wanting to fight, kill, use swords, guns and light sabers each and every day. I am trying to cherish the moments where it gets to happen in my home while he is young. There is a part of me that cringes for the day that he might really be out there using his mighty warrior giftedness. I must remember that Caeden was made by God and for God. Not me. So I release him back to his Father now and forever, and I thank our Daddy that he promises to never leave us or forsake us. What a great God!

1 comment:

Lanie said...

Great blog, I love it! Can't wait to see you guys soon! :) Love, Lanie