Monday, April 20, 2009

Blessings and Forgiveness

3 stories from my Caeden

This morning Caeden was in a time out in his room. I went to check on him and said, are you ready to obey? He responded, "No........... but I am blessed." As I was leaving the room he said "bless Jesus over me." I lost it, I started laughing and well yep he broke the ice from being in a time out. I sure am glad that my son knows he is blessed!!

Then later this morning we were reading his children's Bible. We were reading the story of Joseph and how he had brothers that weren't very nice to him and even though they sold him to Pharoh Joseph ended up forgiving his brothers. At the end of the story it asks the parent to share a time they were hurt and forgave someone, so I did. Then they ask the parent to ask the child if anyone has ever hurt them. So I did. He looks at me and says, yeah YOU have hurt me. Shocked by his response I said oh when? He told me one day he was spanking my bottom and I got mad at him and that hurt his feelings. I asked if he was able to forgive me for hurting his feelings and he said yes. Wooo good to know he understands hurts and forgiveness.

On Saturday night we were at church and the pastors daughter wasn't feeling very good. Caeden prayed for her to feel better. I love that my son knows the power of prayer and isn't ever afraid to pray.

I am so grateful that all of my time at home has helped Caeden know the truths of God's Word!

No comments: