Thursday, March 5, 2009

Wow, 1 month already!




I can't believe it!! We went to Caleb's 1 month appointment today. He has grown 1 inch since birth and is now 22 and a half inches long. He weighs 11 lbs and 8 oz's and checks out great. He has already rolled over from his tummy to his back twice and because of that the Dr. said he would expect an early walker, around 8 months or so. We will see but that could keep me on my toes pretty quick here. :) However, I didn't happen to mention that we let him sleep on his stomach and he rolled over both times because he was so mad we hadn't come to pick him up yet. None the less he still mustard up the strength to roll. :)
It has been so fun getting to know Caleb in this last month. We had a hard first week learning through his in's and outs but now feel like we have a pretty predictable little one! He is very clear on what he wants and he will let you know it! Here are a few bullets on things people have been asking.... (ok minus the one on his bowel movements. :) )
1. He is definitly a thinker and analyzer like his daddy. He has certain looks that he gives that just crack us up, we'd love to know what he is really thinking. I love that at such an early stage we can see little glimpses into their personalities!!
2. He has been sleeping pretty well at night. He gets up every 3 to 4 hours to feed but will go back down pretty easily. However, during the day he will stay up for 5 hours at a time. Everything I have read says he should sleep more than he does during the day, but I figure if he is pretty content he must be ok.
3. He fits right in with his dad and brother and can fart with the best of them already. He is a big time spit up, barf, poop, farter guy.... it cracks me up as I am always changing some article of clothing on someone in our house. Bibs and spit up rags have become new found friends as I never used them with Caeden.
4. As serious as Caleb is most of the time he gives smiles pretty consistently that just melt our hearts.

It has been a joy to watch how differently God has made our two boys, I love how creative our God is!!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Kirstin! I love the updates and wait patiently for each new bit of blog information about my sweet nephew! Please give the boys big hugs for me!

Love you, jillers 질ㄹ스

Lanie said...

This one definitely looks more like an Anderson! Do you guys watch Heroes, because he sounds like Superhero Baby. In 8 months he might be flying around, not just walking! LOL. Maybe we have an athlete on our hands. :) Love ya and am so glad life is GOOD!

Anonymous said...

He is such a handsome lil one!! I loved getting to see you all today and being able to hold him. He is such a blessing!!!

Love
Kels