Monday, October 11, 2010

10-10-10

10-10-10.... what a fun day yesterday was. I woke up and just felt excited by it, I am sure there are things that it probably stood for but for me I just liked the look of it. :) However, it ended up being a significant day for me when all was said and done.

I struggle with letting go of control in my life. :) The God who made me deserves all of me and sometimes I am able to do that better than others. The other days I really have a plan, an idea, something I want to see work out and it is almost as though I beg and plead with the Lord for my way to work.
Yesterday, Jay was on call for work AND he was supposed to lead worship for our 9 am and 11 am services at church. Well what do you know? He got called at 8:30am and had to leave church to go to a hospital about 45 minutes away to pick up things necessary for a surgery at another hospital. Now this is something that would normally stress me out but yesterday I was able to thank God for taking care of everything necessary. Our brother in law Nick was able to move off the electric guitar and lead the 9 am worship and Jay made it back to the 11 am service. It all flowed beautifully and God you get the praise.
Then I attended the 2nd service and really felt strongly that I should go tell one of our pastors that I felt the Holy Spirit guiding our congregation to pray for another pastor of ours that was home sick. I was able to let go of the part that was not wanting to come across bossy and I just followed God's voice and our congregation prayed and I got report today that our Pastor's fever broke last night and he is feeling a lot better today. Again, Lord we give you praise!!

Jay and I had a few moments of quiet conversation yesterday while the boys napped and as we talked about life I realized I was being allowed to let go of other areas of control in my life too. It really makes me wonder why I ever want to "be in charge" when the Lord's ways are so good and so perfect!!

So, 10-10-10 became a significant day for me and I am feeling a new freedom in it. I release all my plans and purposes to you Lord and I ask that you would help still me, to hear your voice and follow your plans all the days of my life. AMEN!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Good girl, sister! Good girl! :)