Sunday, January 15, 2012

No pictures.... but note worthy!

We are having a fun time around here! This weekend's project has been painting the family room and a few pieces of furniture. :) It always ends up being a bigger project than I foresee... moving furniture, taping everything off, and then slowing down to have our 2 little hands help us paint. :)
It is coming along and thankfully Jay has tomorrow off so that we can continue and hopefully finish!
In the meantime Caleb decided he was ready to start potty training. He and I have had a go at it a few different times with not much success. Wouldn't you know that the weekend that all is disheveled at our house he decided it was time. I am thanking God that he gave Caleb a big brother like Caeden to help him through this process. He wants big boy "dunt da dunts" (Uncle Dutch's name for underware) like Caeden, he wants to do all the steps Caeden does when going to the bathroom and will go try when Caeden suggests it. So great! So we have been rewarding Caleb and Caeden with the success. :)
I am learning peace through the storms. In my perfect visions everything has a time and a place and way that it should happen. God is opening my eyes to a new way, a better way, a more relaxed intentional way. Even today as much as I would have loved for our family room to get another coat of paint and the furniture moved back in I could tell my family and I needed a down day. One that involved each other and rest. We did just that... Church, lunch, rest, groceries (all together), dinner and then a night outside with a fire, guitars, and a drum... worshiping the Lord. It was truly wonderful. I am glad I am learning to let things go and wait on the Lord's perfect timing, even when it doesn't look like mine.
Stay tuned before and after pictures to follow. ;)

No comments: