1 Thessalonians 5:18 God says, "give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." There are many other scripture verses that also talk about giving thanks, and rejoicing in all things. Being thankful is easy to do when things are going your way, or something fun or exciting is happening. It's easy to be thankful when your child has learned something you have been teaching or your husband does an unexpected act of service or.....fill in the blank... but are you thankful when things don't work out the way you had hoped? Are you able to find something to be grateful for in the midst of a trial or an upset?
I am thankful for dishes it means we have eaten food and there are mouths around me to eat it. I am thankful for clothes to wash because it means we had some to wear. I am thankful for a house that didn't end up selling because I know God's got a great plan and the time is not now. (plus He gave me a fun new neighbor.) I am thankful for friends and family that surround us daily.
I am not sure what circumstances you are facing today but I do know that your glass can be half full. I know the One who made you........ and his plans are good for your life. I know that Satan has come to steal, kill and destroy and when we focus our energy on our lack, or we let a bitter root shoot up we give the devil a foothold. But when we operate out of a grateful heart with anticipation as to what the Lord has around the corner or right there in front we get the opportunity to live the abundant life He so desires for us to experience. There is much to be grateful for! I pray that your eyes may be open to all that is good in your life, I pray that your heart would meditate on these things and that your soul would be refreshed in the joy of the Lord!
Blessings and prayer,
Kirstin
4 comments:
Amen Sister! We do have so much to be thankful for regardless of life circumstances that we may have wished to go differently. Love you and your outlook!
<3 Lil K
If only everyone in the world could be a little more like you! What an inspiration you are! Love you sister!
jillers
Love it. I should be thankful for dishes. Never thought of it that way. It was great seeing you and the family. I love you all!
HI Kirsten,
You don't know me, but I am a good friend of Jill's and went to Vanguard with her and Kevin. I was just checking in on her blog for the first time in months, and for whatever reason I clicked on your blog off of her blogroll.
I just wanted to say this post was an immense encouragement to me just now. I am going through an exceedingly difficult season in my life and feel that I am being pushed by satan from every angle. I am in great distress and have to work very hard to find my joy each day. Thanks for your encouragement and remind that His protection still covers me.
Blessings to you.
~rachel
Post a Comment