Saturday, May 23, 2009

Memorial weekend

Caeden, Caleb and I joined my parents at their place up in Show Low. This was Caleb's first ride in Papa's golf cart. :)
On Friday we took a great hike through some pretty woods to get to Fool's Hollow Lake and we sure had a fun time!! Daddy had to stay home because he was on call with work. We missed him but sure enjoyed our time with Gamma Molly, Papa "Tris", Auntie Kels, Jamus and the 3 dogs for a couple of days. :)
I had to share this pic of Caleb and Gamma because I think the chunky legs were too cute to pass up. Look at those calves and thighs.... go mama's milk. :)
So, I did my first adventure on my own with the boys. I drove a 3 hour car ride home from Show Low alone. As soon as we left my parents place we were hit with rain. It continued to rain for one hour and 20 minutes. At one point the car skidded in the rain and got my heart really going. We continued to drive and the rain poured, the roads curved, Caleb was screaming, Caeden said he couldn't speak anymore (which he really meant his ears were popping and he couldn't hear). I was singing prayers at the top of my lungs because I needed God's help and I was trying for the boys to hear my prayers to the Lord in hopes they too would have peace. Here is the picture after the rains let up and I knew that we were going to be ok. I am grateful that I can say I did it. We thank God for keeping us safe and we are grateful for Daddy's presence when he is able to join us. Hope you too had a wonderful Memorial weekend!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Whew, I'm so glad you guys made it through the rain, and great job making the treck alone with the kiddos! The pictures from up north are great! Wish we could have been there. :)